Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sweet Ryann

I needed to take a second to add some of her silly's. This kid is the baby in our family, but she won't let you know it. She likes, I mean insists, that she hang with the big kids. And as long as I remember that she does things her own way, we are best friends!
The big clue into all of this should have been potty training this child. She decided that she was going to use the potty last March as we went to Disney and well....that was it. EASY! Thank you Ryann!
She dresses herself how she wants, wears her hair how she wants, wears 7 different pairs of shoes everyday, and has an obsession with chapstick.
She is the best little singer! She used to sing in her sweet voice, Daddy I love you, Daddy I do, Heavenly Father has sent me to you. And she does NOT like others to sing with her. I would post the video of her singing very articulately Santa Claus is coming to town, but lets take baby steps here.
This Christmas I talked about putting lights up on the house. It was SO cold here most of December that is just was really not motivating to get out there and do it. She didn't help at all, as she was adamant that she did NOT want lights on her house. Day after day she would say this and while we could have convinced her they would have been pretty....it was a good one to let her win.
She loves to read books, ride scooters (only 2 wheel ones like her sisters) and bikes, nursery, her sisters, take care of Binx, talk on the phone to her extended family, and follow you around the house. We have a song that we sing her at our house called Boom Boom. It is their goodnight song, i think we just made it up, but she it goes. Who does mommy love, who does mommy love, mommy loves Ryann....boom boom boom, and essentially repeats. But she loves it every time she goes down for a nap or bed. Well for about a month this winter, I would put her down for her nap, and she was mad at me for it. She refused her blanket and especially her song. I would ask her about 3 times if wanted it sung to her and NO was her answer. She would pout and then go to sleep. But when she woke up she come down the stairs and then look at me with her sad little face and say in her saddest voice....you didn't sing boom boom to me. Stubborn! I wonder where that comes from?!
As she continues to develop her verbal skills and learn new words, I always enjoy hearing them progress. Her new word is actually. Tonight I asked, would you like Boom Boom? Her reply, "No, (pause) actually yes." She really likes to say and use actually. Cute cute!
How could I forget to talk about her gathering skills. She has learned in a family of 3 girls, you take what it yours or it may be adopted by someone else. She noticed Adayla and Tally putting their favorite things upstairs by their bed (we don't usually keep toys in the bedroom). She has started storing ALL of her stuff right next to her bed. Today we cleaned it out and I found 3 pairs of shoes, dress up clothes, a water bottle, various toys, lots of headbands, and probably 3 purses. She was happy to help pick it up...probably because she knows she can get most of it back there by tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lil Gma said...

I am hoping to see you guys before China. Tell me again when you plan to leave? I just want to hug the little girls. Also realize that they may not want to hang out by the time they get back from England.